Host Volunteer Application Form
Important: Before you apply for a host volunteer placement, we would like to make you aware of the nature of the work you will be undertaking and the commitment you are making.
You will need to be prepared for the following on a daily basis:
- working in very hot and humid conditions
- performing tours every hour, sometimes in front of a lot of people (up to 30 people in high season)
- facing sometimes emotionally challenging situations and dealing with the flow of incoming patients, sometimes emergencies, for the vet clinic
- representing LAW by your smile, your attitude and your professionalism in every situation.
Volunteering at LAW is extremely rewarding but it is a real commitment, not a holiday. In the past we have had volunteers cancelling their placements last minute or quitting early, and this is what happens if you do that:
- LAW is left short of help and it is usually far too late for us to replace you as we can not find people at such short notice.
- Extra stress and pressure, not to mention a lot of extra work, is placed on our other volunteers and our staff.
- A willing and committed volunteer will have been refused a place at that time because it was being held for you.
If you can follow through on your obligations to your placement as a volunteer, you will be in for one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences of your life !
Please do not apply unless you understand the nature of the work involved as well as the commitment you are undertaking.
If all that hasn’t put you off and you are still determined to join us, then you are probably just who we are looking for!